[WikiEN-l] 3RR and gaming the system

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 21:19:25 UTC 2005

>From: David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>
>
>In this case, I'm amazed saying "Australia is a republic" isn't
>being counted as simple vandalism. Repeatedly putting in misleading
>and plainly factually incorrect information certainly counted as
>vandalism when User:Michael was going hogwild at it.

Tsk tsk, David.  Respect the process.  You must leave the erroneous
information in, and attempt to reason with the inserter on the Talk: page.
People who revert are simply thinking like an "edit warrior".  I'm sure the
postings on this list, including those from the person promoting the
"Australia is a republic"  idea itself,  have made it quite clear that a few
well-chosen words in Talk: will have the person promoting the idea that
"Australia is a republic" repudiating his views and voluntarily reverting
his contributions in no time at all.

Jay.