[WikiEN-l] 3RR applied to both parties?

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 18:26:42 UTC 2005

>From: <slimvirgin at gmail.com>
>
>If Geni's interpretation of 3RR is correct, then we have an unwinnable
>game of tic tac toe going on against editors trying to keep nonsense
>out of articles.

I've argued against this interpretation for precisely this reason; it is
biased toward the inserter of the information, who can always win.  Thus I
can go to a little watched article (say [[Rashba  (rabbi)]]) and insert the
statment

"He had 4 sons and 1 daughter, and was noted for his handsome appearance.
He choked on a soup bone and died while visiting Rome in 1310."

Now this is complete nonsense, I've just made it up.  But if the one person
who happens to know this is nonsense reverts it, and an edit war develops,
in the end the second person will get banned for 24 hours for removing the
information, because it is not obvious vandalism.

Jay.