[WikiEN-l] Strange fetishes

Abe Sokolov abesokolov at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 06:16:11 UTC 2005

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca wrote:

Actually, IMO at least it seems perfectly reasonable to enforce the 3RR
even against people who are making reverts that when made in isolation
would be considered "reasonable."

That's actually my point. For Wikipedia to be managable, procedure must be
followed and policies must be enforced. Thus, the statements that I'd quoted
were **unfortunately** reasonable. The problem is the nature of the
procedure making this approach reasonable.

IMO needs radical change, along the lines of Larry Sanger's suggestions. The
way things are now, certain trolls flourish while professional historians
like Jtdril (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jtdirl#3RR_block) and
Adam Carr get blocked. Some bold structural changes would serve to correct
this problem.

-172