[WikiEN-l] 3RR applied to both parties?

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 05:19:14 UTC 2005

If Geni's interpretation of 3RR is correct, then we have an unwinnable
game of tic tac toe going on against editors trying to keep nonsense
out of articles. Within four hours:

Skyring inserted a falsehood
Adam reverted: Adam's #1 revert
Skyring re-inserted it: Skyring's #1 revert
Adam reverted: Adam's #2 revert
Skyring re-inserted it:" Skyring's #2 revert
Adam reverted: Adam's #3 revert
Skyring re-inserted it: Skyring's #3 revert
Adam reverted: Adam's #4 revert.
Skyring calls the cops.

Given this intepretation of 3RR, there's no way Adam could have kept
the material out, except by calling other editors to help him, which
he should have done, but it's a bit silly to have to do that over a
content dispute that is straighforwardly factual, as it is in this
case.

But if we're going to concentrate on process and ignore quality, then
shouldn't neither or both editors be blocked in this case?

Sarah