[WikiEN-l] Exeunt 172

Stephen Forrest stephen.forrest at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 01:10:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:09:50 -0500, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Sounds like another POV-pushing PhD holder who's annoyed that everyone
> doesn't just say "oh, you are an 'expert', do with the articles as you
> wish".
>
> (And anyone who's read any history articles by 172 can attest to the
> fact that they were highly propagandistic, generally turning into
> outright apologies, if not screeds, for left-wing dictatorships.)

I know next to nothing about 172 or his editing history.  Based on a
cursory glance into his edits, I suspect that it would take me a
nontrivial amount of time for me to find out whether the claim that he
is a propagandist is true.

So, as a contributor ignorant of the particular details of this
situation, who will probably remain so, I find the "good riddance"
attitude I'm getting from this string of emails rather disturbing.

Of course, it may be that everything is on the level here and the
claims about 172 are true; I would probably bet on this outcome.  But
since I don't think I'm capable of verifying this to my own
satisfaction, I'd be more comfortable if I saw more examinations of
his stated reasons for quitting, and fewer such dismissals.

Steve