[WikiEN-l] Proposal: Requests for rollback

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:22:21 UTC 2005

>From: Michael Turley <michael.turley at gmail.com>
>Back to the subject: exactly why are you so strongly opposed to
>separating the tools, especially along these lines?  It seems to me
>that this tool exerts exactly NO control over other users, while all
>the other admin tools that I am aware of do exert a degree of
>dominance over other users.  Why shouldn't this be available
>individually to those who aren't interested in the powers that include
>domination?

Interesting that you would use the highly emotive word "domination"; if
others share your understanding of what adminship involved, then Rebecca
would be entirely warranted in her view that there is an "anti-admin" group
out there for that reason alone.  Regarding the rollback feature, it makes
edit wars considerably easier, which is not a good thing.

Jay.