[WikiEN-l] Proposal: Requests for rollback

Rebecca misfitgirl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:04:56 UTC 2005

On 6/30/05, Rebecca <misfitgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/29/05, Chris Jenkinson <chris at starglade.org> wrote:
> > Let me remind you that I have never voted on requests for adminship
> > before, and that I have never insulted or in any way had a confrontation
> > with any Wikipedia admin. Do you have any proof of these accusations?
> >
> > The only person to make such ridiculous claims as an 'anti-admin lobby'
> > and 'me whinging' is you. Maybe you have strong feelings about that -
> > but that is certainly no reason to attack or insult others in this way.

That was not specifically directed at you; rather, the previous
poster. I apologise if I worded my point badly. The point is that if
you want rollback, apply for adminship. Adminship should *not* be seen
as some form of supreme power structure, as much as some users (and I
don't count you as one of those) have tried very hard to make it so.
It's simply a mop and a broom - and if you want that mop and broom,
apply for it through the normal process rather than getting it by
another name for no good reason.

 -- ambi