[WikiEN-l] Re: Pseudoscience category - GSPOV

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Wed Jun 29 12:32:28 UTC 2005

Haukur Þorgeirsson (haukurth at hi.is) [050629 21:47]:

> I am arguing that the term is misleading
> for the articles that category currently
> holds (I won't repeat my argument here,
> see my earlier posts). I suggest we replace
> it with "Pseudo-medicine" and will do so
> myself if objections are not raised.

I raise an objection: that's not what it's called in English (my overriding
objection), and "pseudo-medicine" is an invented term hence original
research.

The current article on [[Alternative medicine]] has suffered a bad case of
Gohde and could do with a lot of cleaning up, but the Category links to
Pseudoscience and Protoscience get the point across IMO (having as it does
both).

- d.