[WikiEN-l] Proposal: Requests for rollback

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 00:00:57 UTC 2005

On 6/29/05, Chris Jenkinson <chris at starglade.org> wrote:

> Having the ability to
> ban/block/delete is a "power" which many do not have and therefore would
> place the person with that power in a position where they will get
> involved in wikipolitics, whether they like it or not.

It shouldn't be seen as a power, but as a technical feature that is
given to trusted users. There is no requirement for admin to use the
features of blocking or deletion, so I don't understand why being an
admin would force anyone into wikipolitics. If they don't want to be
involved in the politics, they can just choose not to make
controversial blocks, or even no blocks at all.

If someone can be trusted to use rollback, they should be trusted to
use deletion and blocking. Perhaps limiting admins to rollback rather
than the other features could be something the ArbCom decides if an
admin proves they can not be trusted with other features, rather than
needing a separate request page for this.

Angela.