[WikiEN-l] Pseudoscience category - GSPOV

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Jun 28 21:10:06 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:

>>I still don't really like that idea, because it's strongly taking one
>>side in a dispute.  Should we, for example, have a
>>[[Category:Pseudoscientists]] that we apply to [[Linus Pauling]] for his
>>wacked-out ideas on nutrition?  (Of course, he could also get
>>[[Category:Scientists]] for his more respected work.)
>>

>Has this or anything as stupid aS this actually happened? i.e., not
>hypothetically.

I'm not sure, but I fail to see any meaningful distinction between a
possibly hypothetical [[Category:Pseudoscientists]] and the
[[Category:Pseudoscience]].  If it's acceptable to label theories
considered pseudoscience by the mainstream scientific community with
[[Category:Pseudoscience]], why isn't it acceptable to label the people
who came up with those theories [[Category:Pseudoscientists]]?

-Mark