[WikiEN-l] Re: Per-article blocking (was: RickK leaving)

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 00:53:57 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> It would certainly make 3RR blocks much less controversial.
> Mind you, I'm now trying to think of possible social side effects.

It would be a nice tool, but it I suspect it would make 3RR
ineffective:  We can't give people time to cool off if we're only
telling them they must take their war to another page.   The idea
behind 3RR is to have some time to cool off and for many users that
means taking a walk away from Wikipedia.

If we do set this up we should also make sure that it quietly places a
simmlar block on the IP.