[WikiEN-l] Ed Poor puts the ME in melodrama

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Jun 21 19:45:05 UTC 2005

Ray wrote:

> I'm glad to hear you prove my point.  US presidency? Don't you think
> that the world would be well served by having GWB take three
> months off?
> :-)
>
> If being a sysop is not a source of power they won't miss it,
> and they
> won't be missed since at any given time there will always be
> enough left
> to wield the mop and broom.  How is it that being required to take a
> vacation is "punishing"?
>
> You say that it isn't a source of power, but then ask people to "stop
> trying to fight the power."  Isn't that just a little inconsistent?

Okay, I have a confession to make. Are you all sitting down? Good.

/deep breath/ Hi, my name's Ed, and I'm a Wikiholic.

* Hi, Ed!

I feel inordinate pride in being a Wikipedia Administrator.

* /a chorus of murmurs fills the room/

Even though Jimbo said it should be no big deal.

* Be strong, Ed! We're here for you, Ed!

And when they said /choke, sob/

* Yes?

That they might take /gasp/ my ... Oh, I can't say it ...

* You can do it, Ed!

Er, could I have a glass of water, please.

* /audience member brings him a paper cup filled with water/

/sips, pauses/ Well, I ...