[WikiEN-l] *shakes head*

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:36:32 UTC 2005

>From: "michaelturley at myway.com" <michaelturley at myway.com>
>I '''sincerely''' think an admin should face a temporary penalty for as
>little as a snide remark.
>Receive, perhaps not; face, absolutely.

If we're going to start sanctioning people for nasty comments, there are far
more serious examples out there.  As is typical, a certain group of people
want to set an absurdly high code of conduct for admins, who actually
contribute hugely to the project, while the daily onslaught of insults,
swearing, personal attacks, and general nastiness from all sorts of
non-admin editors gets ignored because we want to reform them, not scare
them away.  After all, with enough patience, forberance, and wikilove, some
day, on some article, they might even make a valuable edit.

Jay.