[WikiEN-l] *shakes head*

Rebecca misfitgirl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:15:54 UTC 2005

> Anyway, I suspect that the current "problems" aren't really particularly
> worse than they used to be back in the "golden age". I've been here
> almost since the beginning and there have always been these sorts of
> acrimonious arguments about who's being mean to whom. Personally, I
> suspect there have been worse periods in Wikipedia's past; I don't have
> any statistics or anything but just anecdotally I don't think I'm seeing
> as much bad behavior lately as I can recall in some previous episodes. I
> credit the ArbCom's actions for much of that, again just based on
> personal opinion.

Oh no, let me rephrase. I don't think there was necessarily a "golden
age" when we didn't have problems with antisocial users - we've always
had that. I think the last few months have generally been the best
period we've had, as we finally got rid of the obvious ones (i.e.
Lir). Lately, though, this list seems to be taken up with a growing
number of people who seem to take care not to break any bannable
rules, but whose contributions to Wikipedia seem to consist entirely
of trying to persecute admins (or hanging out on VFD). It's like the
Red Faction all over again - except considerably more subtle.

-- ambi