[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee Seeking Comment

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 19 20:30:59 UTC 2005

>From: Rick <giantsrick13 at yahoo.com>

>--- JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >From: geni <geniice at gmail.com>
> > has been on a campaign
> > has made over 1,000
> > >article

> > >So? There has been a few people campaining the
> > other ways as well.
> >

> > Really?  People who edit dozens of articles solely
> > for the purpose of
> > removing BC/AD notation, and who have made hundreds
> > of edits to further that
> > goal over a period of many months? Who did you have
> > in mind?
>
>SouthernComfort, for one.  It was his sole editing
>procedure from immediately after he was encouraged to
>engage in it by Slrubenstein after Slrubenstein's
>failure to get consensus on his BCE POV.
>
>RickK

Rick, SouthernComfort edited a narrow set of subject topics (Iran-related),
over a period of a few weeks, as part of his general interest in Iran;
included in that was his conversion of pages from BC/AD to BCE/CE.  He did
not edit dozens of articles over a period of many months for the sole
purpose of (and to which he contributed nothing else but) date notation
conversions.  If jguk had converted cricket related articles he was already
editing to BC/AD, that would have been one thing; but he has been on an
obvious campaign to remove all BCE/CE notation from Wikipedia from any
article he comes across which uses it, using the pretense of either
"consistency" or "original usage" depending on which best serves his
purposes.  He still insists on this pretense, rather than admitting the
nature of his campaign, though evidence has been presented which shows its
specious nature.  He has even gone so far as to try to remove all links to
www.religioustolerance.org from Wikipedia, a reasonably popular (Alexa
ranking 10,000-11,000) religion-oriented website promoting religious
tolerance, using the pretense that it is a "blog", but with the obvious
reason being that it supports BCE/CE notation.  I haven't seen behaviour
comparable to this by any of the pro BCE/CE editors.

Jay.