[WikiEN-l] Re: Arbitration Committee Seeking Comment

Jon thagudearbh at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 19:43:51 UTC 2005

Jay jg

Making proposals for change is perfectly acceptable - and  I though it was recommended in controversial areas.

My early conflicts made me realise that it was counter-productive to change articles that always use BCE/CE notation to BC/AD notation (even though it would be preferable to user a style most commonly used worldwide - as Britannica and Encarta realise). I have therefore desisted from doing so months and months ago. And not even an ArbCom in sight then!

However, I can name at least half a dozen editors, including one arbitrator, who choose to continue making arbitrary changes on articles that already use fully consistent notation. Why single me out for edits done 7 months or so ago? (Incidentally, I mention this more to ask that you calm down on me, I don't want to widen this witchhunt to more and more people - it's messy enough already.)

Jguk