[WikiEN-l] jguk case: amended FoF brought

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sun Jun 19 15:02:11 UTC 2005

Gregory Maxwell (gmaxwell at gmail.com) [050620 00:58]:

> Can you actually provide any citations to support your position?

You mean, like papers using it?

> Perhaps this is just because I am in the United States.
> Your rewrite makes it sound like it is only used by an insubstantial minority.

I said it needed tweaking. Call it substantial minority. And noisy.

> In any case, the arbcom isn't and shouldn't be deciding if we should
> use AD/BC or CE/BCE as it appears the larger community has decided
> that the issue isn't currently clear enough and we don't care.

Well, yeah. That's why I was ignoring this - as a storm in a teacup - and
why I'm appalled its advocates have tried to push it this far. Those
seeking to push a POV will not be put off by content arbitration - they'll
just try to use it as a further bludgeon for their views, as we see in the
present case.

- d.