[WikiEN-l] Re: Arbitration Committee Seeking Comment

Jon thagudearbh at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 11:20:59 UTC 2005

Assuming you're not holding my newbie edits 9 months ago against me, I very quickly stopped changing articles from BCE/CE to BC/AD notation. What I continued doing was (1) reverting those who were changing BC/AD notation to BCE/CE notation (which presumably, if you are neutral, you would agree with on the grounds that they shouldn't have changed the notation in the first place); (2) making articles consistent. When I first came to WP most articles that used BCE/CE notation also used BC/AD notation. It makes sense (and indeed should be regarded as a good edit) to copyedit those articles so that they use one and only one notation.

Wouldn't a barnstar be more appropriate than approbation?

Jguk

Jay wrote:

Just to make it clear, for the past 9 months he has been on a campaign
remove all BCE/CE notation from Wikipedia, and has made over 1,000
article
edits solely to support that campaign.

Jay.