[WikiEN-l] I'm unblocked, but SlimVirgin STILL WON'T LET ME EDIT!

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:51:26 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, Andrew Venier <avenier at venier.net> wrote:
> Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> >This sort of disrespectful language reflects poorly on the project.
> >It's not acceptable to bait people with such jabs just so you can yell
> >'look see' when the victim meets your incivility with more incivility.

> I was kind of confused to see this post right after this one:

> Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> >Oh I know, we'll have a wikisockpuppet test:
> >We will send ninjas to go kill the suspected puppeteer, and if the
> >socks never edit again we'll know we were right!

I have certainty made mistakes before, but I don't see where I am
criticising anyone with the above.   I was pointing giving an
exagerated example of how the only means we have to detect a good sock
with certanty are bound to cause more harm then they stop.

Had I been replying to someone complaining about sockpuppets, I could
see how my words would have been read as mocking.  But in this case,
who could I been mocking? ...

In any case the sockpuppet issue is actually a hard one, and I don't
think anyone with the courage to wade those waters is deserving of
mockery, ... even if I disagree with their conclusions or methods.