[WikiEN-l] I'm unblocked, but SlimVirgin STILL WON'T LET ME EDIT!

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 16:04:39 UTC 2005

>From: Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>
>
>On 6/15/05, JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps we should alert Human Rights
> > Watch or Amnesty International.
>
>This sort of disrespectful language reflects poorly on the project.

No, hysterical rhetoric about pictures of turds generating huge numbers of
unecessary e-mails to a list already inundated with these kinds of e-mails
reflects poorly on the project, and that needs to stop.

>It's not acceptable to bait people with such jabs just so you can yell
>'look see' when the victim meets your incivility with more incivility.

That wasn't baiting, that was mocking; with any luck, it will stop futher
impassioned e-mails repeating the same thing ad nauseam.  If it doesn't
work, I'll have to resort to mass deletion of unread e-mails, as I have had
to do so many times in the past.

>If you really think the user in question is a troll and therefor not
>deserving of a basic level of respect then you need to take the only
>action that has ever been effective in stopping trolls: Ignore them.

If I didn't think they were a complete troll I would indeed have ignored
them.  Instead I tried to bring them to their senses, and to spare the
endless rounds of debate on a topic that's been thoroughly covered.

Jay.