[WikiEN-l] I'm unblocked, but SlimVirgin STILL WON'T LET ME EDIT!

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:03:10 UTC 2005

>From: Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>
>
>On 6/15/05, JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > As I said before, any admin could unprotect the article; there must be
>at
> > least a couple of dozen who have read these e-mails.  Somehow none have,
> > until now, found your arguments for unprotecting to be compelling;
>perhaps
> > they feel that doing so would simply re-start a revert war, which is
>what
> > page protection is intended to forestall in the first place.
>
>Eh, more like worried about an admin protect war, ... even less desirable.

It is highly unlikely that Slim would re-protect in the event that some
other admin unprotected; she's never done it before, nor does it seem to be
in her nature.  In fact, I don't recall ever seeing an admin protect war;
block wars, but not protect wars.  It seems to me that my own hypothesis is
far more likely.

Jay.