[WikiEN-l] ArbCom a sham

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 06:42:18 UTC 2005

If you go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Skyring/Evidence
you will see an ArbCom hearing proceeding in the evidence-gathering
stage. It was my naive belief that the process was as fair and open as
need be. However, anybody knowing anything about this case will see
that one party has conspicuously failed to show on the evidence page
apart from a brief appearance at
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ARequests_for_arbitration%2FSkyring%2FEvidence&diff=14745252&oldid=14736222

I chipped him about this on the talk page, saying it looked as if he
was squibbing his chance to give evidence. His response? "My views are
well known to the ArbCom."
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Requests_for_arbitration/Skyring/Evidence&diff=prev&oldid=14863796

Is this *really* how it works? The whole process is a sham and it all
depends on backroom deals?

--
Peter in Canberra