[WikiEN-l] Strawman attacks on recent proposals

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Mon Jun 6 21:51:34 UTC 2005

Robert stated for the record:

> Sean writes:
>
>>I am very worried that we are seriously discussing the
>>formation of a committee empowered to prohibit unpopular
>>content from Wikipedia and to ban those that feel that it
>>is important to record it.
>

> Isn't that a deliberate lie?  What facts (written in NPOV
> format) did Larry Sanger try to censor?  What facts
> (written in NPOV format) did Steve Rubenstein try to
> censor?  NONE.
>
> I strongly object to this strawman attack - which borders
> on an ad homenim attack - on the discussion of improving
> Wikipedia.

Good tactic: when you can't answer the point, call the person making it
a liar.

I am not lying when I say I am worried.  I am worried about people who
want to set up committees to decide what points of view will not be
allowed to be represented in Wikipedia.  When RK states that I am lying
about being worried, he is ... guess what?

--
  Sean Barrett
  sean at epoptic.com