[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia e-mail (fwd)

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Sun Jun 5 02:38:18 UTC 2005

Hi "Noitall",
I'm sorry that my response to you is delayed; I access Wikipedia from
a dial-up account, & I only read your email about half an hour ago.

From examining the history logs at [[Islamic Terrorism]], you violated the
[[Wikipedia:Three-revert rule]]. In brief, when any contributor --
& that applies to me as much as to you to Mustafaa or Yuber -- to Wikipedia
makes more than three reversions to an article within 24 hours, that
contributor can be banned from editing Wikipedia for up to 24 hours.
The intent of this rule is to get people to talk & listen to each other
over contentious edits -- & to prevent articles from being locked from
anyone editing them.

I do think that Mustafaa should have asked another Administrator who
had not been involved in this article to have done the ban so in
tandem with this & the fact that it took so long for me to look into the
matter, I'm ending your ban. I hope you take the time to first look at
the article above about the 3-revert rule, & to talk to Mustafaa & Yuber
about this article on the Talk page before making further changes to
that article. I also suggest that you look at the articles listed at
[[Wikipedia:Resolving disputes]], in the event you feel you are not getting
a fair hearing about your edits.

I am also forwarding your email to Wikipedia-EN, where you can ask for
help & receive it much quicker.

Geoff