[WikiEN-l] Recent goings-on

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 1 21:04:21 UTC 2005

 "BJörn Lindqvist" wrote

>> Name them.  Take them to ArbCom.

>Total Bullshit. That has been done many times by new users who was
harassed my some overly aggressive admins. Ofcourse they never suceed
because the rules are complex and setup to protect the administrators.

When I was a newbie, 'dispute resolution' was a multi-step process.  In
which going to the ArbCom was the last stage, for intractable disputes.  Of
course if you have rules that are going to be applied legalistically, they
will be complex.  I doubt they are biased in favour of admins: admins have
extra powers, but more rights?

Charles