[WikiEN-l] Recent goings-on

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 21:28:50 UTC 2005

> >Total Bullshit. That has been done many times by new users who was
> >harassed my some overly aggressive admins. Ofcourse they never suceed
> >because the rules are complex and setup to protect the administrators.
>
> No, the rules are set up so that admins can only be sanctioned for doing
> things against policy; new users often seem to think "disagreeing with me"
> or "not putting up with my POV edits" is against policy.

No, the rules are set up so that admins are protected from all
complaints. Admins often seem to think that new users seem to think
that "disagreeing with me" or "not putting up with my POV edits" is
against policy.

> >some kind of verdict AGAINST the admin in question? Well, then you'll
> >forever be known as a troublemaker/troll and the admin will be quickly
> >forgiven by his or her peers because "he/she is a good guy" and only
> >made a mistake/got played by the trolls.
>
> Can you give an example of this happening? Arbcom sanctioning an admin, and
> the person who brought the case therefore being viewed as a
> troublemaker/troll?

Umm... It has never happened, so obviously I can't. But you can
yourself search the archives to find countless examples of how
mistakes and harassments by admins have been brushed off as "everyone
does mistakes sometimes". And also of countless number of examples in
which users have been branded trolls for brining up valid complaints
against administrators. For a very clear example see the OP's post,
who even found it best to post anonymously, and then was outed by two
admins who don't like him/her.

--
mvh Björn