[WikiEN-l] bit of tricky copyright question

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 20:18:07 UTC 2005

On 7/31/05, Jtkiefer <jtkiefer at wordzen.net> wrote:
> I have a bit of a tricky copyright question. Recently I decided that I
> would like to create a derivation of the Wikipedia logo for personal use
> soley on the Wikipedia site

It might be best for people to assume "fair use" when using modified
versions of the logo on Wikipedia rather than seeking formal
permission for them. In areas where it isn't likely to be fair use
(outside of Wikipedia), then you can seek permission by emailing
board-at-wikimedia.org for simple cases, or
juriwiki-l-at-wikimedia.org for cases where it is likely to need legal
review.

Angela.