[WikiEN-l] Re: bit of tricky copyright question

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 11:10:08 UTC 2005

Hello

The logo is copyrighted by the Foundation, which mean you need a formal
authorisation for any use of your logo and it can not be considered a
derivative work under the GFDL.

In this cas, the question would essentially be "what do you intend to do
with the logo ?"

Anthere

PS : as for commons, it is correct the logo should not be there as it is
not a free logo... still... all logos are available on commons afaik.
I promise the Foundation will not sue Commons admins for letting the
logos there :-)