[WikiEN-l] Guess who's back

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Thu Jul 28 14:32:47 UTC 2005

> That sounds ok to me, but, I think the user should be pointed to
> relevant policies on the first warning also. I don't like the view
> source part though, sounds a little evil. I don't feel it would do
> much other then discourage the person from editing. er even make them
> think it's a bug in the software and go report it.

Seconded. Actually I think the whole idea of
automatically resetting the ban if the user
"attempts" to edit is silly. "Ooh! You thought
you were going to be clever and edit even though
we've told you you can't? Let's see who has the
last laugh, sucker!"

It reminds me of the time I got accused of having
a sockpuppet on a mailing list because I changed
the name in the "From" field but used the same
e-mail address. ("You clever hacker! You thought
you'd fool us by changing your name but I can
see that the e-mail address is the same!")

Regards,
Haukur