[WikiEN-l] Example vs. Original research

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sat Jul 23 13:40:39 UTC 2005

It depends. I used a different set of things in an example of a set,
than was used in the example in the text I was working from. This
seems rather trivial. Obviously one could use Stalin as an example of
a totalitarian ruler, but that could be sourced. I suppose a
problematic example could be found on the borderland and discussed,
but I think it is best to solve the problem when it arises rather
than to make policy based on hypothetical examples. Perhaps this is
just my common law heritage speaking here...

Fred