[WikiEN-l] Worrying trends

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Jul 22 00:03:34 UTC 2005

Erik Moeller wrote:

> Then you have stuff like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephi - a
> character out of the Book of Mormon - which is simply prefaced with
> "According to the Book of Mormon", and everything else is presented as
> fact.

I don't see a problem with that article.  What else is there to say
about it?  The Book of Mormon claims something about a person named
"Nephi", and we report "the Book of Mormon claims the following about
Nephi".  Do we need to explicitly say "however, people who think the
Book of Mormon is mostly hogwash think this claim is also hogwash"?
Should we add to the [[Nirvana]] and [[Shiva]] articles that a lot of
people think that Nirvana is nonsense and Shiva might not actually exist?

-Mark