[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Wikipedia e-mail

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 10:45:48 UTC 2005

Hello,

Cyrius is a reasonable and informed editor. I am quite certain he only blocks you because you adopt a certain attitude, which you probably should not. Reinserting repeatedly and on purpose links to copyrighted images is a behavior that may grant blocking. Cyrius is not in violation of any rules in doing so.

It also seems clear that the hurricane picture originated from the World Book. You may be the original author of it... but in any cases, you do not hold the copyright. Whether the information should be free to use and people should have or not to pay for it is irrelevant in this case. The World Book has a copyright on this image, so it should not be in wikipedia. If you disagree with World Book holding the copyright on one of your image or graphics, please contact the World Book to discuss the issue directly with them.

Thanks for your understanding.

Anthere