[WikiEN-l] Correspondence relating to the copyright status of an image

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:55:10 UTC 2005

> Haukur Þorgeirsson wrote:

> >If he holds the copyright to that image
> >then I hold the copyright to the King
> >James Bible.
> >

> IIRC didn't King James I grant a perpetual copyright to Oxford for that
> book?

This would cover the translation, not the actual Word of God, of course.

My opinion, getting back to the image in question, is that a
reasonable person would conclude that the website owner does NOT hold
copyright to the image, otherwise he would simply say so instead of
resorting to evasion and abuse.

--
Peter in Canberra