[WikiEN-l] William M. Connoley, admin? (was: Running the asylum)

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 14 19:41:39 UTC 2005

Michael Turley wrote

>Civility and mutual respect are the difference between disagreement
and schism.  It seems to me we have simple disagreement and nothing
more.

You think the G8 'disagreement' on global warning, all discussed no doubt in
the most diplomatic of language, wasn't a schism?

It is part of the theory of wikis that eventually they find an issue over
which to shake themselves apart.  Hasn't happened for WP, touch wood.  If
there is such an issue, it is not going to be the language, but the basic
passionate incompatibilities, which fuel it.

I'm actually quite concerned that this particular issue is not going to be
easy to ring-fence.

Charles