[WikiEN-l] Moderated Article Development (was: Wikimediation)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Jul 13 16:48:33 UTC 2005

[snip]
> Then what should the current MC committee do? Oversee
> the open committee? I dont know. Ive suggested an NPOV
> committee would be useful, which sort of interprets NPOV
> issues case by case, and makes a centralized reference
> database for how to approach these cases. Depending on your
> view of disputes on WP and the disruptiveness of these toward
> articles and their improvement, then you can say an NPOV
> committee is either a great thing or waste of time.

I'm starting some experiments on Moderated Article Development. William
Connolley are trying this (as peers) with climate change. I've also
started
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Price-Anderson_Nuclear_Industries_Inde
mnity_Act/moderated and I hope to start a similar page for Terry
Schiavo.

The rules are:

1. Anyone may take out anything they disagree with - provided
   they discuss it. (I call this a "text move")
2. Nobody is allowed to revert a text move. (I call this the zero-RR)

Ed Poor