[WikiEN-l] Odd

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 01:52:05 UTC 2005

On 7/13/05, Christopher Larberg <christopherlarberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/12/05, Skyring <skyring at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > As for LaRouche, it sounds like one of those nutty cult things that
> > don't add up. Like Christianity, I guess.
>
> I find it odd that atheists, while supposedly the "rational" ones,
> feel the need to employ invective against people who disagree with
> them whenever possible. But I'm just a redneck, bucktoothed
> Jesuslander. What do I know?

If those comments were aimed at me, I'm not an atheist and I don't
"feel a need" to employ invective against those who disagree with me.
Toleration and moderation in all things.

But Christianity is indeed a cult and the purpose of my remarks was to
contrast the size and public acceptance of the two extremes.

Seems to me that the right way for LaRouche folk to gain more ground
in WP is to gain more ground in the general community. As Christianity
itself has done from small and tenuous origins.

Not that I'm advocating this, mind!

--
Peter in Canberra