[WikiEN-l] Odd

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 21:52:49 UTC 2005

I happen to share the view that the LaRouche people are a cult and a
pretty bonkers in general (I would behoove anyone who thinks LaRouche
is a good idea to go through the stuff he wrote in the 1970s in New
Solidarity before proclaiming him likely sane), but that's not the
point, of course -- Draconian is Draconian, and is not Wikipedian.

But as you said, "Surely Wikipedia is not going to be destroyed by the
presence or absence of one particular editor", which seems to apply to
this fellow and his rather extreme notice as well. While this message
isn't very civil (if you applied it to other political groups or
religious groups, it would be seen as quite offensive), and might be
in violation of some sort of "don't use your user page to be a jerk"
rule, I don't think it by itself is much of a threat to the project.

FF