[WikiEN-l] Announcement: Survey study on the motivation of contributors to Wikipedia

Joachim Schroer schroer at psychologie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Jul 12 12:17:06 UTC 2005

Dear all,

we are a research team at the University of Wuerzburg (Germany)
interested in the reasons and motives why participants are involved in
Wikipedia as author, administrator, or software developer. We are also
interested whether these reasons have changed over time.

We would like to invite you to answer our online survey, which is
available at:

    <http://www.unipark.de/uc/wikipedia/>

In this international version of the survey, we included a number of
valuable ideas and suggestions we got from our survey of the German
Wikipedia project a few weeks ago. We hope this study will

    * provide statistical data and insight about Wikipedia,
    * encourage a helpful discussion between participants, and
    * reveal best practices for Wikipedia and related Open Content
      projects.

For more information and the current status of the study, please visit
our website:

<http://www.psychologie.uni-wuerzburg.de/ao/research/wikipedia.php?lang=en>

We would be very glad if

   1. as many contributers as possible complete the questionnaire to
      allow reliable results and
   2. if you could spread the link above or this e-mail to people who
      don't regularly read this list.

If you have questions or suggestions regarding the study or the
questionnaire, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're looking
forward to your participation -- and thanks a lot for your time and input!

Best wishes from Germany,

Joachim Schroer   Guido Hertel   Dana Jäger   Elisabeth Pfeiffer
Nils Sauer

--
Joachim Schroer, Dipl.-Psych.
University of Wuerzburg