[WikiEN-l] Re: 8th Duke of Wellington image crisis

Bishonen bishonen at ungoodthinkful.com
Tue Jul 12 08:55:03 UTC 2005

On Mon Jul 11 15:30:23 UTC 2005, Jack Lynch (Sam Spade) wrote:

bump

Jack (Sam Spade)

On 7/10/05, Jack Lynch <jack.i.lynch at gmail.com> wrote:
 > Please have a look @
 >
 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Wikipedia_talk:Requests_for_arbitration#Image_use

 > we have a rather difficult situation, spanning several pages and a
 > number of policies, which I would like to see handled promptly and
 > effectually.
 >
 > Jack (Sam Spade)

There is no 8th Duke of Wellington image crisis. It was amicably
resolved with mutual apologies on July 10, and I do not understand
why Sam Spade keeps trying to re-awaken it. Some hours after Richard
Harvey had posted a conciliatory message at [[Talk:Arthur Wellesley,
8th Duke of Wellington]], stating that he wasn't upset with John
Kenney and would gladly buy him a pint, Sam posted an urgent-sounding
crisis warning at

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?
title=Wikipedia_talk:Requests_for_arbitration&diff=18530575&oldid=185298
75

And despite Fred Bauder's soothing reply, and John Kenney's apology
slightly later on the 10th, Sam has now posted *and re-posted* his
call for "handling" of the "difficult situation" to the mailing list.
Please try to get over it, Sam. Everybody else has.

Best wishes

Bishonen