[WikiEN-l] Re: New fair use tag proposal

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Mon Jul 11 19:58:53 UTC 2005

Actually, as a publisher, PRA gets people who ask us if we think a
particular use of our copyrighted material is "Fair Use" all the time.
If Wikipedia asserts a "Fair Use" and PRA recognizes this claim and
agrees with it, there is no copyright violation. If PRA later changes
its mind and asks that something be removed, it could not effectively
argue that the prior use was not appropriate, because it had agreed to
it. All archived pages would be covered by that prior use authorization.

Chip