[WikiEN-l] Writing with our readers in mind

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 19:44:40 UTC 2005

I just want to say -- what we are talking about here is not "academic
style" but more accurately "technical style" -- something accessible
only to experts of certain types of information (which can be
philosophy or electronics or what have you). Plenty of academic
writing is nothing of the sort and should not be lumped in as such!
(the academic squeals)

The goal is to write well and comprehensibly for people with
non-technical backgrounds. Of course, there are times when our Wiki
technology allows us not to re-invent the wheel each time something
comes up, but of course this must be an issue of judgment rather than
strict policy.

FF