[WikiEN-l] Thank you RickK

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Sun Jul 10 00:39:54 UTC 2005

Alphax said on July 5:

> Michael Turley wrote:
>> I'm always disappointed when I hear of people leaving, but I'd rather
>> have an unstable person leave because of a failed admin nomination than
>> promote an unstable person to adminship.  At least this way, the
>> instability has only driven a single user away.

> Um, you seem to forget the case of RickK - an unstable admin who left
and deleted pages when they went...

This is a great inflated bubble of an argument.

Firstly we're told that RickK was unstable.  No evidence is presented.

Secondly we're told that RickK "deleted pages" when he went.

Well actually all RickK did when he went was delete his user space
articles.   As he was a member in good standing when he left, he was
surely entitled to do so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=delete&user=RickK&page=

I object strongly to the characterisation of RickK as an unstable
administrator.  He was one of the best we've had, he worked long and hard,
and he finally decided he'd had enough.  I wish he would come back, but if
he's had enough then we should be thanking him for his long and faithful
service.  Which I do gladly.  Thank you RickK.