[WikiEN-l] "Pseudoscience" as POV

David Carson dcarson at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 8 22:38:16 UTC 2005

Poor, Edmund W wrote:

>Along comes Dr. William Connolley and his mates. They have
>simultaneously begun a WikiProject to delete articles which (in their
>view) promote pseudoscience, and, wait for it...
>
>...actually nominated Connolley for adminship!
>
>I marked up the nomination with strikeout text at four points and
>appended my signed corrections, and have been 3RR'ed into oblivion and
>threatened with my first-ever user block. What is this, the borking of
>Ed Poor?

Ed, do you honestly believe that it is acceptable, even for a fraction
of a second, for someone to edit a Request For Adminship, and strike out
text like "works well with other editors" and "would make an excellent
admin" from the nominator's introduction??

If you oppose the nomination, you enter your vote in the Oppose section.

If you want to comment on the nomination, you make a comment in the
Comments section.

I would have reverted your strikeouts in a heartbeat myself, and so
would 99% of editors, I'll wager. Even if you DID write the policy on
"changing other's comments". Actually, ESPECIALLY if you wrote that
policy - I would put it to you that you should therefore be more likely
to abide by it than most.

For the mystified:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/William_M._Connolley&diff=18398366&oldid=18398330

Cheers!