[WikiEN-l] The ongoing trolling

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Jul 7 10:05:23 UTC 2005

Jane Halliwell wrote:
> However...those bad apples are not the worst of it. The problem is with
> all the good apples. They remain quiet and unwilling to punish the bad
> apples, because they fear possible retribution. So the bad apples are
> allowed to rot, and stink up the place.

It may be noted for the record that I don't fear retribution from any
admins, ok?  And I watch this constant ongoing trollfest and I tire of
it.  You show me good evidence of an administrator abusing their admin
powers, and the ArbCom not acting on it, and I'll do something.  This is
my promise to the community, my final role here, to prevent
authoritarian cliques from controlling the process.

But, I see essentially no evidence of this, and a whole ton of whining.

One thing that is absolutely 100% notably absent from these complaints
is links to diffs and actual examples of admin abuse.

In my opinion, it is getting very close to time to simply kick a handful
of you off the mailing list unless you get serious about providing
specific examples, including diffs and pointers to block logs.

> I quit Wikipedia weeks ago.
>
> Or...did I? (evil laugh)

It's exactly this kind of comment that leads me to the conclusion:
dishonest troll who intends only to waste our time.

So, get serious.  Send a serious complaint about a specific incident or
please just go away.

--Jimbo