[WikiEN-l] more active censorship

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:55:12 UTC 2005

On 7/5/05, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> As I pointed out to you before, this isn't the dev list, and people here
> don't determine whether this documented behaviour is a bug or a feature.

What a strange attitude to take toward software development!
Developers don't determine whether or not a behavior is a bug.
Developers fix bugs reported by users.  It's the users that determine
which behaviors are bugs.

No wonder relations between MediaWiki developers and MediaWiki users
are so bad: the users are letting the developers walk all over them.
(Not that this is an uncommon problem with open source software; there
often isn't anyone who makes any real effort on the development side
to ensure that development is responsive to user requirements, and
products often wander off in whatever direction the developers think
is interesting whether or not anybody else wants it.)

Kelly