[WikiEN-l] Used-with-permission images, a modest proposal

Bishonen bishonen at ungoodthinkful.com
Tue Jul 5 10:25:06 UTC 2005

Haukur Þorgeirsson wrote

<snip>

> As for Danish copyright laws it seems from my non-lawyer
> reading that they "protect" any photograph, regardless
> of creativity. I hope this sort of non-sense wouldn't
> hold up in a Danish court but I really don't know if
> it would.

Swedish copyright law affords protection to photographs *iff* there
is artistic input ("verkshöjd") in the creation of them, explicitly
not to mere reproductions of two-dimensional images. The Nordic
countries are normally keen to coordinate things in this sphere, so
it's hard to believe they would vary drastically.

Bishonen