[WikiEN-l] Re: Copyright and Britannica Article List

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 03:21:33 UTC 2005

--- Michael Snow <wikipedia at earthlink.net> wrote:
> There *is* creativity involved in a list of what an encyclopedia
> contains, quite specifically due to the selection process involved in
> determining what subjects go into the encyclopedia in the first place.

While that is certainly true I do think that our use of this list is fair. We
are *not* creating a WikiReader that covers the same topics that EB covers.
That would clearly not be fair. Instead we are using that list just to assist
us in filling gaps that exist in our coverage;  when any particular item is
filled, we delete it from the list.

-- mav (aka IANAL)