[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia is *already* written from a scientific POV

Nathan J. Yoder njyoder at energon.org
Sun Jul 3 16:27:49 UTC 2005

#2 is not the same as a belief in creation science.  Plenty of people
believe that God helped guide evolution in the same sense that God
helps guide everything else, but that's not the same as creation
science.   I agree with alphax, the way that you're interpreting these
statistics is a bit off.

>         When asked by name whether they believe in or lean more towards
>         the "theory of creationism" or the "theory of evolution", 57%
>         indicated creationism, 33% indicated evolution, and 10%
>         responded "not sure."
>
> Again, 57% I call "most".

57% is just a simple majority, it would be misleading to refer to it
as most.  You're also pulling more meaning out of that statistic than
there is.  That question is asking which one they lean more towards,
which is different from accepting a belief wholesale.  It's clear from
the statistic you cited before that the majority aren't accepting
creation science wholesale.

> Nathan, may I suggest you reply to the list only, and not to people
> privately? It can be seen as intrusive.

People have been doing that to me, so  I've just been hitting 'reply
all' since it's easier as well.  I'll just do it directly to the list
then.

Nathan J. Yoder
http://www.gummibears.nu/
http://www.gummibears.nu/files/njyoder_pgp.key