[WikiEN-l] Re: more active censorship

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 17:59:29 UTC 2005

On 7/3/05, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:
> JAY JG wrote:
> >>
> >> Obviously, I wouldn't have ever hit edit if I *knew* it did that.
> >
> > Why is that "obvious"?  Why on earth would you hit the edit button when
> > you were banned from editing?
>
> He already said that. He wanted to re-read the block page. That is a
> perfectly legitimate thing to want. Also, by the GFDL, users *must* be
> able to retrieve the source code of a page. This, too, is a perfectly
> legitimate thing to want. Both cases *must not* renew a block.
>
> I know that most of you think Nathan is just an attention-seeking troll,
> but I think a lot of you would do good if you learnt to "see through"
> the emotional bits and look at the factual things underneath.
>
> Timwi

Well said.

As I've been reading the posts on this topic, I've become increasingly
concerned about the nearly complete lack of empathy some people have
for those on the wrong side of a block.  Others on this mailing list
are excellent in their patience and tolerance, but at least a few are
making all admins look very bad indeed by their dismissive attitudes.

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused