[WikiEN-l] Read what the homeopaths are writing

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 15:01:31 UTC 2005

On 03/07/05, Alphax <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:

> > "Homoeopathic medicine deliberately mimics or provokes the symptoms of a
> > patient's disease to strengthen the body's ability to heal itself."
> >

> Ah! So by setting fire to myself, I can heal my burns? Or by amputing a
> limb, it will cause another one to grow back? Wonderful!

Whilst I do agree it's a bit odd, you're attacking the wrong problem
there - the discussion is the response to diseases, not to physical
trauma. Physical trauma may often lead to infection and thence
diseases, but it's very much a different context.

(not that I believe in homeopathy, but still)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk